Saturday, February 11, 2012

Return to Golden West College

Me and Darrell Ebert
Last Thursday night was the opening reception for the Golden West College Plein Air Painting group show at the college’s fine art gallery.  Four of my recent paintings are included along with works by eleven other artists, including Ken Auster, Daniel Aldana and Rick Delanty.  This is a very special event for me, as I attended GWC in 1971 directly after graduating from Huntington Beach High School and received some of my first (and most significant) art classes.  One of my original art professors, Darrell Ebert, is the curator of the gallery and has been a continuous member of the colleges fine art department.  It was a truly unique opportunity to reconnect with him after 40 years! 

The show runs through March 1st

with my good friend Daniel Aldana
Pasadena City Hall  8"x10"  oil on panel

1 comment:

Nicole Graziano said...

Pasadena City Hall is striking. I am drawn to the contrasting shapes and depths. Also, the perspective is unique - like this beautiful building is hiding. Very nice!