Friday, August 23, 2013

OPA Salon Show of Traditional Oils

San Rafael Avenue Bridge   16" x 20"   oil on panel
Last  week, I traveled to Michigan to join family and friends in the wonderful countryside wedding of my daughter Nicole to her husband Ryan. The day was absolutely perfect and everyone had a great time at the reception.  During my brief time in Michigan, I was fortunate to visit the Crooked Tree Art Center in Petoskey where the Oil Painters of America Salon Show of Traditional Oils is on display through August 31.  Over 375 paintings created by OPA member artists from 42 different states are on view, which includes my painting of the San Rafael Avenue Bridge in Pasadena.  The Crooked Tree Arts Center is an exceptional adaptive reuse and restoration of an 1890  United Methodist Church with plenty of gallery display space, a large lecture hall and one of the best overall art venues I have seen.  For more information, visit https://www.crookedtree.org/.



No comments: