Friday, June 13, 2014

June Plein Air Workshop

I just concluded my 3-day plein air workshop for June this week.  I really enjoyed meeting the participants and sharing with them the basic plein air fundamentals and some of my approaches to painting outdoors from life.  We had beautiful weather for the majority of the time and painted at a number of beautiful locations in the town of Castine.  By the end of the workshop, I could see considerable progress in everyone's abilities to create a compelling composition, see dark and light values, identify hard and soft edges in the scene, and paint in bold brushstrokes.  I think everyone had a great time, gained new insights, and left with some really good paintings!  My next workshop is July 15-17 in Castine, Maine.  For more information and a downloadable registration form, visit my web site at www.dangrazianofineart.com.

day 1 demo on Main Street
day 1 painting a Castine overlook
day 1 afternoon painting session
day 2 at the Castine waterfront
tugboat painting on day 2
day 2 at Hatches Cove
day 3 demo at Dyces Head Lighthouse
day 3 afternoon painting session

No comments: