Thursday, September 7, 2017

Bide-A-While Workshop has been canceled

My October workshop in Texas has been canceled due to the devastation in the Houston area brought by Hurricane Harvey. With a full workshop and growing wait list, this would have been my first workshop at the beautiful Bide-A-While artist retreat located in the picturesque bayou country of Dickinson, Texas. Sunday night, I heard from owner Sue Bown who characterized the flooding and damage as "everything lost." She has begun the process of repair and reconstruction and I believe that Bide-A-While will again be the magnificent and magical place that Sue originally created. It is my sincere hope that we can offer this workshop again at some future date when Bide-A-While has been fully restored. My thoughts and prayers are with Sue and her husband Rod, as well as everyone whose life has been affected by this horrific event. 
Here is a story published in the LA Times last Thursday about the Bide-A-While retreat, the destruction caused by Harvey and the challenges ahead. http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-harvey-artists-cottages-20170905-htmlstory.html

No comments: