Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wayne Plein Air - the grand finale



Saturday was final day of the Wayne Plein Air Festival and another clear, warm morning for painting.    The schedule for the day was to paint downtown Wayne, so I decided my subject would be the platform of the town's historic train station. During my block-in, I had the pleasure of chatting with Stephen Doherty of Plein Air Magazine, who was making the rounds with all the painters.
Stephen Doherty and me

Saturday evening was the gala opening and awards ceremony for the event's artists, sponsors and patrons at the Wayne Art Center.  Many thanks to WAC for organizing a first class reception, as well as coordinating a great 5 day plein air competition that brought together 34 on the country's finest plein air artists.







initial block-in
further development

final  -  "the train has left the station"  8"x10"  oil on panel


No comments: